cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need technicians vist

Abhishek2244
Joining in
  • We got a new virgin media broadband but some how it's not working I think the wall outlet is damaged.  Trying from last 2 days to get help but not able to got one. Could u plz help.

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the Hub's base light flashing?

If so it may not have activated onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Abhishek2244,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub!

Can you update us on this issue? Have you followed @jbrennand 's suggestion to call our team? If so, what did the team advise?

Please let us know if you still need help and support on this issue.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I tried calling but they put me on hold for more than 1 hours and no one contacted me back.

I even visited the store 4 - 5 times but they said I have to call customer care but no one replied.

And yes I still need a technician 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Abhishek2244,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue.

Are you able to provide us with an image of the damaged outlet? 

Is your Hub showing any lights on it at all?

Please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

20210730_200317.jpg

20210730_200320.jpg

 yeah I  still need technician. It's been a 4 days we are working from home and this connection is not working at all I think there's a problem in my wall unit. Could u please send some one for this issue . Or  I have to cancel the connection as I am trying to contact customer care for last 4 days.

Hi @Abhishek2244,

Thank you for the photos. Is that the only omni box that you have within the home? From what I can see in the photo it doesn't look like one of ours as it should have our branding on it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yeah that's the only we have in our home I showed the pic of this box too while taking the connection at the store. And they said it's the old one but work fine.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Abhishek2244 wrote:

20210730_200317.jpg

20210730_200320.jpg

 yeah I  still need technician. It's been a 4 days we are working from home and this connection is not working at all I think there's a problem in my wall unit. Could u please send some one for this issue . Or  I have to cancel the connection as I am trying to contact customer care for last 4 days.

@Zach_R That is a UPC outlet. The hub is also a white one. All this points to the OP being a VM Ireland customer & not VM UK. Also there are no VM stores in the UK, they were all closed a couple of years ago.

The OP needs to contact VM Ireland for assistance. We can’t help them here.

@Abhishek2244 You are posting on the forum for Virgin Media UK. Virgin Media Ireland runs the service in the Irish Republic & is a totally separate company. You need to contact them for assistance. Sorry.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for this information @nodrogd, that is very helpful!

@Abhishek2244, can you please confirm that you are currently based in Ireland? If so you will need to contact them from here.

We would be unable to help you with this unfortunately.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide