cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Returning equipment

Tianju
Tuning in

I booked the returning prepaid parcel several times, but never get it. I will move abroad next week, can anyone tell me the postal address for returning the broadband equipment? I can post back the broadband equipment by myself. In addition, can anyone tell me the phone number of their customer service? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tianju 

Have you double checked your equipment needs returning?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

VM should be able to send the returns packaging to a family member, neighbour or  a friends address using the weblink request-returns-pack 

However if you don't want to follow the official VM procedures then go to this page https://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin 

Scroll down and click on create new label. Where it says customer reference number either enter your  Virgin Media account number, or the MAC address of the equipment being returned.

Then enter your email address, and click on email me my new label and follow the instructions

You can find your local Collect Plus point here store-locator 

The shopkeeper will scan your parcel and give you a receipt with a unique reference code - keep this handy as proof - and don't forget to include a covering letter with your equipment with your name and account number.

The return kits are scanned into VM systems in bulk so it may take a while for your account to be updated to indicate the equipment has been returned, and in the meantime you will probably still receive emails asking to return the kit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tianju 

Have you double checked your equipment needs returning?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

VM should be able to send the returns packaging to a family member, neighbour or  a friends address using the weblink request-returns-pack 

However if you don't want to follow the official VM procedures then go to this page https://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin 

Scroll down and click on create new label. Where it says customer reference number either enter your  Virgin Media account number, or the MAC address of the equipment being returned.

Then enter your email address, and click on email me my new label and follow the instructions

You can find your local Collect Plus point here store-locator 

The shopkeeper will scan your parcel and give you a receipt with a unique reference code - keep this handy as proof - and don't forget to include a covering letter with your equipment with your name and account number.

The return kits are scanned into VM systems in bulk so it may take a while for your account to be updated to indicate the equipment has been returned, and in the meantime you will probably still receive emails asking to return the kit

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much, Dave. Thanks for the reply. I got the label. So, is that means I can use this label to return my equipment?

Sorry, Dave, I have another question. May I write my name and my account number on paper instead of the covering letter? I didn't find where I can download the covering letter. Many thanks for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Tianju 

You need to create the covering letter yourself. Just state your name, address, account details, type of equipment and MAC, and that you are returning it via this method as you will be abroad by the time the official returns packaging is delivered

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

@Dave Hi, Dave, thank you so much. That's very helpful. Have a good day.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Tianju 

Best of luck with your move  and going forward.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the information given. This has been helpful for me too. I am in the same situation; I will be moving abroad soon and I needed to return the kit but VM has not given me the return packs. I will return them by post myself as you have instructed. I have to return 2 broadband kits (2 hubs) which comes in its own VM  boxes. Do I just put them back in its own VM  boxes and return them like this? and then stick the cover letter on the VM boxes itself? without ant parcel?

I hope you can help me soon, thank you Dave!

Also, what is MAC address? 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @fatinhs24,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry for the issues with returning your equipment, I can see that @newapollo has given great advice on how to get this sorted, have you followed all of the steps given? Also the MAC address will be on the back of you Hub on the sticker.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide