cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a spotter to attend - how ?

josh94
Superfast

My parents are moving into a property which does not have VM installed, but all properties surrounding the area do have it installed.

VM are only interested in 'new install' being fibre, but are neglecting to realise the nearest property is around 1.2m away from the boundary which does have cable, all the properties are close together. 

I have been on the phone multiple times this morning all saying that they are transferring me to a team which can arrange a spotter but then it rings and immediately hangs up.

I believe there are even ducts going to the property already but have no cable in them and are the property of VM, although this is what the developers have stated and they may have no idea. Openreach's ducts come directly from the path to the properties and do appear to be different. 

Would appreciate any help here please, many thanks forum!!

18 REPLIES 18

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thank you Joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Great - thanks!

Hi @josh94 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I will leave you in the very capable hands of @JOE-C , Do please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Lee_R

Nobody ended up getting back to me about this after they said 'it was scheduled in'. 

Still nothing from anyone, I can literally see a Virgin Media duct almost immediately outside of the property, very little duct work required in order to get the service setup, would end up feeding 8 houses (the only 8 which dont have VM).

Hi Josh,

please accept our apologies for the delays in getting back to you, I will send you a private message and See what I can find out for you. Many thanks

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

wificallerrors
Dialled in

Out of curiosity did Virgin Media ever send a spotter? And if so - how long did it take them to do that, and do you have any advice for speeding up the process?

I have been trying for over a month to get Virgin Media to send a spotter (to a property which similar to yours is just a few meters away from a serviceable address) without any success...

Hey there @wificallerrors, thanks for reaching out to us.

I will assist you on this and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, I’ve already spoken to Virgin Media about 20 times in the past month, and I’ve shared my details with another forum team member. I’ve sent the details to you as well in case you are able to escalate the spotter request somehow.