cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Wifi Pods

Wierdostomps
Joining in

I have recently had a Hub5 installed with 1GB internet. It is working fine.

However, I have poor connectivity upstairs - I can't connect in one bedroom and very poor signal in our attic office. Clearly, I need Wifi Pods to extend the network.

Unfortunately, I can't get the Virgin Media Connect app to link to my Hub5 - it simply hangs at the installing stage (and I'm clearly not the only one having this problem). So I can't order the pods.

Can anyone help me to order the pods? 

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The app can be a tad "intermittent" in working !

If it just refuses to work after a reinstall and a Hub reboot, just wait here a day or two and a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wierdostomps,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you don't have a great WiFi connection all over the property and when trying to run the connect app it is just hanging, when a new Router is installed it can sometimes take up to 48 hours to settle, have you tried running our Connect App since? there is some further support around the app here.

Regards

Paul.

Thank you Paul, I have managed to get the app to connect and do a scan. In one room I have "Poor Connectivity" and in another there is "No Connectivity." The rest of the house is fine.

But the app did not give me any way to order the pods I need to extend the network - I have been sent to a web page with a bot and am stuck on hold. Can you please just order the pods for me?

Hi weirdostomps 👋 thank you for returning to keep us updated!

Glad to hear you were able to get the connect app to complete a scan and identify that a pod is needed. So sorry that you had issues getting these ordered via the connect app. As you still need support with this I will send you a PM 📩 to confirm some account details and get the initial POD sent out to you. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. Ahead of doing this - please be aware we can only send the initial POD order out via community, and are unable to send any additional pods. If you need others in future you will need to order these via the connect app or by giving us a call on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. You can also  Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible! Thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted for you!

All the best 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 just returning to keep this public thread updated! Thanks to Weirdostomps for PMing with me 📨
We were able to get the initial pod ordered and sent out, which will hopefully arrive soon to resolve some of these issues! 

If you do need further pods after this please have a go at using our connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp or get in touch via phone on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline where the team can help order additional pods if needed. Thank you for your patience whilst we got this sorted! 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly