cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of cable used for Hub 3.0

Gazzzzyy
Joining in

Hi, 

Does anyone know the technical name of that white cable that connects the Hub 3.0 to the wall outlet?

I need to buy a new one to move my router, and I just want to triple check I get the correct one. Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well if you insist; then it's RG 6 rated cable.

Although issues are not usually down to the cable itself but the connections not being properly made.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM will do it for £25 getting the wrong one is not allowed as is the right one

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your response, but I would rather do it myself as I've some DIY works going on at the moment and can do it while doing other things. If you know the name that would be great. If not, I'll go to a local electrical store soon and try get one 

Well if you insist; then it's RG 6 rated cable.

Although issues are not usually down to the cable itself but the connections not being properly made.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
did you use your VM IP and email? they be watching if your line make noise with the wrong cable and bill you more then the £25 for someone to do it right.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much. Apologies if I wasn't clear, but there's no issue. I'm just doing DIY and will be moving the location of the router and need a longer cable for the new location. No issue. 

Thanks again!  Much appreciated 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The issue is that it is against the T&C's of your contract to do any work on the VM infrastructure yourself.  If you introduce any faults on the circuit, this will affect all the VM users on that street cabinet. 

For the sake of £25, the VM technician will put the Hub where you need it, alter any cables as needed, and will re-balance the power levels due the to additional cable length.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks