cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL wall socket

CAM2022
Joining in

Hi, got the installation box through and while trying to connect the broadband up have noticed that the wall socket i have is an old NTL one, which the various cable so not connect to. Using an existing cable I have a loose connection to Hub but far from ideal. Do I need new cable or get the wall socket changed, and if so is there a contact Virgin number/email I can use to make the arrangements? Thanks for help

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post some photos to help. The NTL box should work fine with the push on QuickStart cables. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CAM2022,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

Apologies to hear that your internal cabling is loose. As mentioned above by Adduxi, the NTL sockets should allow you to connect successfully. If not then we will need to change this installation to a manned install for you. 

We can arrange this here but I will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs