cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL old box

roccobangs
On our wavelength

Hi, hope you are well and sound.

We just moved to this property where there is an old NLT box to the wall (first picture) and you can see the cable on the second picture, probably some of the painting got there.

Would be possible to connect this to the TV? If not, is it possible to remove it ourselves or do we need to inform Virgin?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

We just moved to a property NTL box.jpegNTL box 2.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

That's very helpful. We do have an aerial outside the property that goes inside the house. I have posted the picture of the ending a couple of posts above. However after connecting this to the tv, there is no reply.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are three connectors in the picture, so there should be 2 or 3 cables coming into the box. If there isn’t then you will need an aerial installer to sort it out. The 2 coax connectors are likely to be 1 for TV, 1 for FM radio. So try both of these & the retune the TV each time. The screw connector is for a satellite dish, so could possibly be used with Freesat.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks