cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virgin media cable won't fit in the wall

mmartinho98
Joining in

IMG_20220623_211906.jpg

Hello, I received the virgin media self installation kit yesterday, I got because it was supposed to be faster than having a engineer coming over which would take weeks, and also because I was told that my new flat had virgin media in the past, turns out that it's not that easy because the cable doesn't fit on the wall socket so at this point I don't even know if that socket is for broadband or not, can I get some advice on what to do? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They are standard coax TV sockets, VM use F type threaded sockets. Possibly the previous owner has removed the VM box/cable. Phone the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hello thanks for you response, do you think it would work if I got and adapter for the the cable?

Thank you

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Highly unlikely. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

they are no use to you i would think

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP