cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My installation date has been postponed for 3 months

MrWtf
Just joined

I placed the order for my internet on the 7th of July. They messed my package up so that postponed my installation date by 2 days because they messed it up. I've booked work off tomorrow for the installation date (22nd July) and they've rang me today saying that's been postponed and the date they're coming out to install it is September the 9th. What an absolute joke this company is! 

What can be done about this? 3 months with no internet? 

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Cancel the VM order, and get an Openreach ISP connected?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To add to Andrews suggestion, get another provider on a monthly contract (via OR or 4G/5G perhaps?) and then just wait for the VM install to happen... when it happens.

When it's in and running test it and then you have 14 days to decide whether to keep it and cancel your other contract (or keep as backup).

Or cancel the VM and there will be no charges and stick with the other one. You can always go back and sign up for VM when your other contract expires if you choose to.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrWtf,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you fro your post and I'm sorry to hear that your install is taking a very long time.

Some installs can take a little while longer due to  having to wait on permits from the local council. 

You can give our Pre-Install team a call on 08000521734 to look into this further for you.

Please keep us updated on this issue and let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs