cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My address has been incorrectly deemed as unserviceable

Bryan7
Joining in

Been trying to get Virgin Media installed into my house as a new customer, having previously had it when I was living with someone else we originally tried to transfer the account to my name and moved to my new address.

This appeared like there would not be any issues with that as my address was originally down as serviceable and both my adjacent neighbours had the services connected. When trying to transfer we started to hit issues and were told that we were unable to transfer the account and instead had to close that account and pay the remainder of the bill to get out of the contract.

After this I was suggested to go through and place and order online to get the services installed to my address under my name/account. I successfully managed to place an order receiving and order number along with being able to select installation dates.

Shortly afterwards I received an email telling me that they have checked my postcode and it is unserviceable. This part is strange especially as my neighbours under the same postcode are being serviced and originally I was told that I was too.

After phoning up again I was advised that a spotter would be sent out in order to try and figure out the issue and I would be contacted with the results within the week. Low and behold a week rolled by with nothing from virgin.

Calling up again I was then told that my address has not changed from unserviceable and work will be carried out in up to 18 months time. When I asked for the results of what the spotter had done virgin were unable to provide me with an adequate response.

I have been on multiple phone calls now trying to find out why my address has been mislabelled as unserviceable, I have received reasons from multiple different virgin employees as for why my address isn't marked serviceable some being as it is not a residential property to there is no capacity left (this one being extremely strange as when checking other address with the same postcode they were able to get you services).

I just need to get the service installed so that I can continue to do my job working from home. It bemuses me at the incompetence that I have been shown in trying to get to the bottom of this issue and has unfortunately led me to posting on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there

I can check this for you to see if I can provide any further updates.

I'll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bryan7, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums, It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your services installed. I can see that Christy offered to help on this one but I can't see any further replies to see if you took her up on her offer. 

If she has helped you and things are resolved now or if things are still ongoing and you would like further help with this, please pop back and let us know 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs