cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Xmas tree fell over and water got into the router which sizzles when I turn it on. What do I do?

JAYNE1975
Joining in

Water got into my router and sizzles. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi turn it off and hope it dries out but I suspect it will be useless, phone and report the fault although I suspect virgin will charge £25 because this was not a break down but a bit careless
. Regards Micky

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JAYNE1975 

I've moved your post to teh broadband board as this section isn't usually monitored by staff.

Remove  it from the mains immediately if you haven't already done so.

Speak to Faults (option 2) by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, normal call rates apply, or  freephone number 0800 052 0422

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and then be able to order a replacement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @JAYNE1975 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your hub. 

As a few days have passed since your post, please could you advise if you have spoken with the technical support team regarding this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M