cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Install Tale of Woe Since October.... So Far

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

I guess i am posting this more to make me feel better, as I am well aware that I just have to wait things out as Virgin Media don't have any idea at all what their contractors actually are doing.

Anyway this is my current situation:

Ordered12/09/22 
First Install Date20/10/22Waited In and cancelled
Second Install Date21/11/22Waited In and cancelled
Third Install Date13/12/22Waited In and cancelled
Fourth Install Date11/01/23Cancelled 2 days before
Fifth Install Date02/02/23New Scheduled Date

I was told on ordering that as my road was already fibre enabled, then installation would be quick as they only needed to pull a cable. That was a lie, as the road needed to be dug up, and a CATV access point installed in the pavement outside my property.

In reality that was done quite quickly, and there has been a CATV access point, with a blue rope inside it outside my house since early November.

It now seems though that a cable pull is the issue, I have no idea what the issue is, and if somebody from virgin media can enlighten me as to the real issue that would be great.

I have been told multiple stories, cars in the way (nobody knocked and asked for them to be moved), roadworks, contractor holidays, shortage of cable, underground blockages, pandemic, rat infestation, too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, leaves on the line etc etc. Honestly I don't really care, just  get it done, how hard can it be.......

90 REPLIES 90

Install date pushed back today from Feb 27th to March 17th.

Allegedly pre pull now scheduled for 27th, although the system says today, but that just rolls over on a daily basis.

Not holding my breath........

So I am still waiting, and had another seemingly fruitless conversation last week, where I was promised that all would be fine for the next install dates.:)

Anyway the next day, the virginmedia landing page seems to have changed. The landing page I was used to with two dates showing, one being the external work date, and the second date being the engineer interior date has changed, and the external date has now disappeared, and the page has now been reorganised.

Also the track my complaint section, and the ability to see me contract has totally disappeared.

Does anybody know what this means?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with the Complaints section this morning but know my complaint is celebrating its one month anniversary of being open today. It's just the sort of thing you know is coming up (can't speak for VM though...).

Screenshot_20230313-075747.png

New Landing PageNew Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ps tracking complaints seems to be up again. 

I can find how to raise a new complaint, but tracking my existing complaint no longer exists.

And contracts no longer exists.

Can the forum team explain if there is web site redevelopment happening?

Hi exasperatedmatt,

We're sorry you've not been able to check on the progress of your complaint, there are no issues as far as we're aware. 

Have you tried since your last post?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

Yes I have tried, and as stated before, the whole entry page has changed for me to the one pictured above, and links to contracts and complaints have disappeared.

I have gone through all of the links now available from the new landing page and nothing at all.

Hi exasperatedmatt 

Are you viewing this via the webpage or app please?

If the app, could you try via the web page please and vise versa to see if you have the same issue?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The screenshot above is from the website.

I have just installed the app, and i have the same issues with the app as with the website

My existing complaint is not trackable anywhere as far as I can see.