cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom - V6

Lazerium
Joining in

Is it still possible to upgrade to cabled multiroom with a V6 box?

The second box would be too far away (in an annex) for wireless to work.

Im guessing I need a no-fault call out for an engineer to run a cable around the outside of the house?

8 REPLIES 8

Jmellis
Joining in

You could order the intelligent WiFi booster and then you can extend the range of the WiFi signal, speak to care and faults, they'll run a diagnostic and then you can order one, depending on your package its either free or £5 a month for the service but will undoubtedly help you in the long run

Ah OK, so it just works off the house wifi?  I’ve got wifi repeaters so can get wifi in the annex.

I didn’t know if the boxes had to communicate directly, a bit like my SONOS speaker setup has to.

Also, does anyone know how you go about ordering multiroom? The website seems to go around in circles and there’s no obvious option on the phone.

I would just give them a call to upgrade your package. It'll be roughly around £10 extra I believe for the additional box, you would still need an installation for the hardwire to run the coax to that room but WiFi works off house WiFi signal 

Use the change my package option on the phone

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Spoke to customer service, absolutely useless.

If I want multiroom I lose any discount on my package so the cost goes from £99 to £144 per month. Just said it might be cheaper if I use the app to upgrade.

Customer service aren’t sure how the box connects, but I don’t need an engineer, just plug it in, switch on an it works apparently.

#Shambles

That's not completely true....an additional box has to be hardwired for an additional coax for live stream TV unless you are on the stream service, secondly you do not need to change you package to add an additional box you just simply pay for the additional box. What department did you speak to today?

I went through the option to add a new service to an existing package.

Originally the price went up £10/month + £35 fee,  then said it was up £45/month as I lose my discounts. I said that price must be wrong and was told the best they could do would be to reduce it by £3/month.

Not sure what to do now.

The initial cost is spot on.

It should not invalidate your discounts though? Should just increase the cost by 10. Speak to billing then ask them to add the box 

Well I’ve tried again. And this time it seems to have been successful (maybe).

They’re sending an additional box out in the post and then an engineer will contact me to arrange installation and install a wall point.

I asked about moving other existing wall points and was told the engineer would do this also and it’s FOC.

Monthly payment up by £10 but no mention of a set up free.