cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple wall sockets - only one works

ellaross8992
Joining in

Hi, I've just moved into a new property where there are multiple vigin media wall sockets (so far I've found 3) but only one appears to work, and it's the one furthest away from my office, so the signal is quite shaky!

I've tried all 3 now, but the other 2 just have the green lights flashing for 30mins until I gave up. Does this mean they just don't work? Is there anything I can do to get them working?

Thanks, Ella

3 REPLIES 3

Eeeps
Well-informed

Best bet is to try to trace the cables.

They most likely will go to the outside 'omni box' where they are probably not connected.

Normally, splitters are used to feed all these connections but that may have been removed.

If you are a new customer to VM and have used a self install then call this in to have the splitter re-instated (and the signal levels checked).

Don't pay the £99 that they may request. If you are in your 14 day cooling off just threaten to cancel.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ellaross8992

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

Sorry to hear of the install issue, not the best start. I've ran some checks and can see the downstream channels are all out of spec. This will need a technician to sort out.

I'll PM you now to get the address etc

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM ellaross8992

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

This can be tracked and indeed altered if need be here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill