cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple daily cutouts

RogueGeordie
Tuning in

Hey all. 

I've had the giga1 with hub4 for a few months now and honestly I'm at the end of my tether here. At least 10 times a day my entire broadband network is dropping out completely. Hub them resets itself. This has been happening every day for at least 3 months now. Called up so many times each time placed on 24 hour monitoring. Had engineers out to look at inside line all fine. 1 mentioned that it'd the out side line (box to home) that needs to be replaced as it's old but I can't get anyone on the phone to actually 1 understand the problem and 2 do anything about it. Paying £62 a month for a service that's not working properly and is also costing me money on top of that due to not having reliable broadband. 

Somebody anybody please help

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RogueGeordie,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

Can you please tell me how it is for you at the moment? Have you recently moved home? 

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, it cuts out roughly once an hour at the moment. No we've been here for 11 years amd have had virgin broadband for many years but since getting the giga1 and hub4 it's just been absolutely horrendous and there seems to be no communication between the engineers coming out and the people sending them out as they come out and have no idea what they're supposed to be fixing. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For your own records, setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also post your power levels and network log.  Once done we can comment.

Are you dropping the connection on wifi or wired ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi, hi its all connections the hub will drop completely drop then will restart itself 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Okay, please post all levels etc. as requested. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi RogueGeordie. Sorry to hear of these ongoing connection issues with your Hub 4, and your poor experience with us trying to get it resolved! I can appreciate your frustration given your experience so far, and technicians visits which have not resolved the issue. 
I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can run some diagnostic tests and look into this further for you. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 
We can return to this public thread with an update as soon as possible - please do post your BQM data for the community as Adduxi requested in the meantime! 

All the best. 

Molly