cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple connection points

maxmaxmax
Tuning in

Hello, I'm about to have Virgin Media installed. 

Would it be possible to ask the installers to have multiple points in the house? For example the main one where the TV and router are in the living room, but also in the bedrooms so that I could just have ethernet into the office computers?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The installer will not install an Ethernet infrastructure for you.

The install will only cover the number of co-ax points required by the number of devices you are having installed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maxmaxmax thanks for your reply here in the Community - great to hear you're joining us!

Unfortunately, there will only be one working access point within the house so it's not possible to get a direct ethernet connection to the Hub in multiple areas of the house.

However, we do have Intelligent Wifi Pods which have ethernet ports in, so you can connect a device that isn't in the same room as the Hub via ethernet and although you may not likely get the speeds you'd get directly to your Hub, you'd still benefit from a more stable connection than wirelessly.

If you are on a Volt bundle, the Intelligent Wifi Pods are free of charge but otherwise, they are £5 per month - please let me know if you are interested in these and I'll be able to help you further!

Many thanks

Tom_W