cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple connected devices in my Virgin media app the i cant get rid of

stefbaker2022
Joining in

If I go into my Virgin Media app on my phone I have e multiple devices of the same name showing in the app , is this normal ? 

Screenshot_20230624_154718_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stefbaker2022,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing some issues with our app! Can you confirm if this is our TVGo App or our Connect App?

We'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see how we can help.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

stefbaker2022
Joining in

Hi Paulina_z , this is in my virgin connect app .

Hi @stefbaker2022,

Thank you for your response. Have you tried to delete and then reinstall the app from your devices as well as reset your Hub back to Factory settings to see if this can help?

Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Yes I have tried both but neither work , can they be deleted in the app somehow some other way .? I can add them to my devices , eg : put them in a group but I can't find a way of wiping them from the app at all  .

Hi @stefbaker2022,

Thanks for coming back to us. You should be able to click on the device listed and manage it by deleting it. Have you tried to click on the listed devices to see what options are available? 

Please let me know how you get on so that we can assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Client62
Legend

I suspect what your are seeing are devices the are used in your home that are Randomly changing their MAC Address. MAC Address Randomisation is supported on current mobiles and computers, it can be disabled if it is a concern & that would cause the mobile device to stick to a single MAC Address.

That would explain why they are coming up time and time again , thank you for you help everybody on this matter regards stef .