cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Failed Installations.... zero communication

JBe
On our wavelength

Hi all - desperate plea of help here 😢

Since ordering Broadband services on October 11th we are still without Internet.  Installation promised 4th November. Engineer turned up to set up in house.   No cables from street so couldn't.   November 24th - Engineer turned up to set up in house.  No cables from street so couldn't.  Today is Dec 7th.   No cables in street.   Next date set 10th Dec.   Guess what's going to happen on that day......

We have been without internet now for an unacceptable period of time due to continued failed installation attempts by Virgin Media or their contractors.   We also have a vunerable person staying with us and have relayed that to VM.   

The time we have wasted either taking time off work to be present for the installs and stuck in the system of their call centres trying to get any sensible information is truly shocking

The following complaint numbers refer and are all unresolved.   (Moderators please blank if more appropriate):

C-031221667

C-021221648
C-121121542

We're not normally 'complainers' and just want to understand what has gone wrong and for someone to take ownership of this and stop the generic rhetoric / fob-offs we get from all of our attempts to contact VM.   And urgently connect us to the internet.  That's all we ask.

In the absence of any sensible response could we refer a dispute to the European Online Dispute Resolution (“ODR”) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.  or cisas@cedr.com?    I add this out of total desperation and zero communication from VM.  We feel trapped.

Additionally, should we be discussing compensation and breach of contract?   I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be receiving letters of this type by now?

We have asked on multiple occasions for a manager or supervisor to explain to us what has gone wrong here, and why we have wasted so much time trying to extract information from Virgin Media.   But still no-one in a position of authority has contacted us.    We are totally stuck and deflated by the whole experience.   It's mentally draining.

I can't believe a company is allowed to operate like this in this day and age.  

Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading

Thank you in advance for any help or pointers....

65 REPLIES 65

2016  (3BL, before lobotomy)!
Just to be clear there are no complaints about the staff, it's the systems
, everyone helps when they can.. And mine works *perfectly* and is brilliant, sorry...
Having MAC addresses, forum gleaned info, and a friendly demeanour to hand helps me on the phone, as you know I'm sure. Or I've developed a form of Stockholm syndrome.. The "Fault in your area" one "gets my goat" though when neighbours' equipment still clearly works.! Yours' is a special case I'm sure you'd be livid, but never shout.!
We went through CEDR if you see that name, trustable I can vouch. Get the regulator's backing in helping to make the top-level at VM notice. A few copies of emails, dates etc they'll sort the rest...

I'm in no way saying anything to slight VM averaged out over the life of our subscription, but the seemingly easy money in communications (lets face it we *all* need it) now the infrastructure is in place doesn't seem to filter into customer-care... 

"Love the network, love the phone staff,    hate the messing.."
We all should have chipped together and bought NTL in the 90's, everything would be so great now!

NEAL

I'm sure you'd be livid, but never shout  ==  I'm sure you'd be livid but never shout.
ie I'm sure you'd be livid AND I'm sure you'd never shout 🙂
NEAL

Hi pjd80,

Thanks for coming back to us. What I can do is send you a PM and raise this for you to the installs team, they'll then take ownership of it and contact you within 5 working days.

I'll send you the PM now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Wow you've expressed my sentiments perfectly. Am St the end of my tether with these clowns, have wasted SO much time trying to get through on the phone but they put you on hold then drop the call. Raised a complaint a month ago and despite repeated requests for escalation, nothing. Promised call backs from a senior manager on numerous occasions but NOTHING. My installation has been delayed without explanation on THREE separate occasions now - it's been more than six weeks without Internet and I don't know how to solve. Shocking. 

What an goddammit awful unhelpful reply, are you actually paid to waste people's time?? 

Hi @ManLikeT,

I've just responded to the post you made about this on another thread. We'll continue to assist you from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!