Menu
AllanK
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Moving wall connection box

Hi, doing a bit of house rearrangement and would like an engineer call out to move the virgin media connection point to a different location.  I can’t see anyway of contacting to arrange this.  Can anyone on here help me?  Thanks!
ken

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving wall connection box

staff on here can arrange this or you can cell CS

it will cost £99
0 Kudos
AllanK
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax. Yes I know that it can be done for £99 and I would like to go ahead with this. If anyone can help make this happen then I’d much appreciate it. Calling CS simply doesn’t work for this type of enquiry during these COVID times.
Ken
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vm staff take about a week to reply. They will be able to arrange this. They will reply and PM you for security details in about a week
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@AllanK wrote:

I can’t see anyway of contacting to arrange this. 

really?
https://www.google.com/search?q=virgin+media+contact&oq=virgin+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j69i60l6.291...

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
AllanK
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax

will they see this and reply or are you suggesting that I need to contact them via a different means?

0 Kudos
AllanK
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Haha - very easy to post that link but have you actually tried contacting virginmedia customer services? The phone number gives options which are not relevant to my request and if I go down the route of trying to get to speak to a member of staff the wait time is over an hour (I know this because I’ve tried more than once). The other means of contact take through a maze of self help guides, which are great but I’ve not got a problem with any of my services, I simply would like someone to relocate the incoming service point. This is something that I could do myself but it is against the terms of service so I need a virginmedia technician to do it. I’d love to find the chat/messenger service which is talked about on the contact us pages but I can’t see how to launch this from any help or contact page. For example, this is absolutely no help:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat
The page which purports to let you “book and engineer” only seems to let you do this if you have a fault.
The page which seems to have chat function says to click the button below but there is no button available!! https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/experiencing-an-issue
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@AllanK wrote:
Haha - very easy to post that link but have you actually tried contacting virginmedia customer services? The phone number gives options which are not relevant to my request and if I go down the route of trying to get to speak to a member of staff the wait time is over an hour (I know this because I’ve tried more than once).

indeed i have, and depending on the time of day you call the answer time may be quick of may be more than am hour.
you said you know the wait is over an hour, but did you actually wait until your call was answered or did you hang up when you got bored of waiting?

there are many people here that have reported they got this type of request dealt with by calling CS - which remains the primary method of getting support.

it may also be the case that as almost everywhere is now in tier 4 restrictions virgin may only deal wiht priority issues, loss of service etc etc, and non-fault jobs will be put as a low priority.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Surely must be cheaper to find a VM van on the street and offer them £50 to do this on their lunch break. 

If its a simple ground floor cabling easy lunch money 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Most times it isn't just the cabling that needs to be installed but most of the times the power levels have to be adjusted at the cabinet, without a work order you will be hard pressed to get an engineer to do work off book.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos