cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving virgin cable from bedroom to living room cost

fcoayuso
Joining in

Hi there,

I would like to know the actual cost of moving the virgin cable from the existing location to a different one. The distance would be around 15 metres and I would like to have the cable passed under the floorboars (it can be done now).

I am aware of the 25£ fee for the visit, but i would need to know if that visit cover the cost of the reroute of the cable or just the visit.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its £25 to reroute the cable and set it up again.

They wont run it under floor boards they will just pin it to skirting boards or bring it in from outside via another hole through the wall in the new location.

If you want it routing under floorboards etc., then you will have to do all the prep work - such as laying conduit tubing containing pull-ropes (strong string) so the Tech can pull the cable from A to B. Ot haveing the boards lifted for the visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the quick answer. My plan was to get the cable from the outside into the void of the house and bring the cable back to the desired room. I was not expecting the installer to get under the house floor and put the cable through.

I do not want the cable to be installed via skirting boards...so would it be ok if I put the cable through myself? Do I need  conduits tubing installed? I don't think it necessary, there are already aerial and brown virgin cables under the floorboards.

Hope it makes sense. 

Thank you 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean you plan to reroute the cable from the outside omnibox and reroute it yourself to the new interior location?

If so, then I cant see why that wont work OK for the Tech. They can install a new wall point (if required) at the new location and then just reconnect everything and rebalance power levels etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi fcoayuso

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Thanks also to jbrennand for answering the questions here.

If you'd like to go ahead and book in the tech visit, let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill