cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new build house installation

Yenfen
Joining in

Hello,

I've been having issues getting Virgin installed at my new build property.

I was told by my developer that I have Virgin wired to the house already and can find a serial number on your website simply by entering the address and flat number. And by doing this I can sign up with Virgin and get a router sent to my place in advance, all I need to do is plug the router in and it’s all set up.

Therefore, I tried to look for it on the website and enter my postcode.

However, it shows it’s not connected, there is no broadband availability. 

Could you please assist me on this matter?

I haven’t move in yet, but will be moving in soon, and as I am working from home now, I really need the internet set up in advance.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Yenfen,

It's possible that VM is available at your new property even though it may not be listed in the postcode checker. 

A member of the Forum Team may be able to check this for you.

Since the property you are moving to is a new build development, then the National Home Builders team would be able to check that for you on 0800 0737 100.

There is also the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 who may be able to double check if VM is available at your new property

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post Yenfen,

Have you been able to find out the answer to this since your post, and using the advise given by @newapollo?

If you're still seeking an answer we can drop the area field manager an E-Mail to see if any light can be shed on this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, 

I called the customer service, they said they will send a technician to the area to check.

So I guess the only thing I can do now is just wait.

Thanks for the update!

Feel free to update us on what the technician advises you and hopefully you'll be able to take out our services

Kindest regards,

David

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Yenfen

I have some good news for you!... It looks like the address will be showing on our database very soon.

Please check your inbox as I have sent you a private message with an update on the serviceability.

Many thanks!

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more