cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a newbuild issues

Rajagopalanram
Tuning in

Hi, 

I am moving to a newbuild on 23rd September. But have to vacate my current house on 10th September. I tried to advise virgin of the move. However as they are unable to locate my new postcode they said they would have terminate my connection and I would have to pay early termination charges for the remaining 15 months.

However, the builder Barrats confirmed my house is Virgin ready. The address is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Cam someone check and advise me on how I should go about it.

I am keen an taking my virgin connection with me to the new house.

Thanks

Raja Gopalan Ramamurthy 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for sending those details over Raja,

What you would first need to do, is check that the address is live with Royal Mail, you can do that here

If it's not here, you need to get Royal Mail to update this before we're able to look into it further. 

Use the "Can't find the address you're looking for" link and it will advise further.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia's postcode database is often out of date with new build houses.   If you hold on here a staff member should be able to take details and help you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Many thanks. I will hang in here as suggested.

Regards

RAJA

Hi Raja,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with the address you're moving to.

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi Raja,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with the address you're moving to.

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I can't see your private message. How do I access it?

Regards 

Raj

Click on the purple icon. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi,

Many thanks. I have responded to your PM. 

I am also sending additional information which I received just now.

Regards 

Raj

Thanks for sending those details over Raja,

What you would first need to do, is check that the address is live with Royal Mail, you can do that here

If it's not here, you need to get Royal Mail to update this before we're able to look into it further. 

Use the "Can't find the address you're looking for" link and it will advise further.

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Royal Mail have since registered the new address which is now visible I their website under post code checker.

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Please let me know what needs done. Many thanks.

Raja

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hello @Rajagopalanram,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Are you looking to sign up to our services?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide