cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a new build house

Kieranpunx
Joining in

Hi,

I'm moving to a new build property on 02/10, all the houses have had the fittings installed, yet your system hasn't been updated to locate my new address, I require my services to be moved ASAP into the new property as I work from home, I called the moving home team in which I was advised this would be passed to the new build team and they'd contact me, however, it can take 5-7 working days, which would be no use as it's required for me to work. 

Could someone please look into this for me? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Are you moving service to this address? 

If so have you spoken to the movers team yet?

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Are you moving service to this address? 

If so have you spoken to the movers team yet?

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Yeah,

I spoke to the movers team who couldn't locate my address on their system, although they could find it on Royal Mail Post Code Finder, I was called back today after being told they'd contact the new builds team to then be told the had to refer it for the address to be released. I would need this to be resolved promptly as I need my services when I move on 02/10.

Whilst it is possible that VM will get their act together, the performance on new connections is not always good, and "hurrying things along for customers" is not a tradition, competence or value of Virgin Media.

If you NEED broadband and phone on 2/10 then you may have left things too late, and now need to develop plan B in case there is no live connection when you move in.  If you're not locked into a fixed term VM contract, then you may want to see about ordering an Openreach ISP assuming that's available at the house, see who connects first and cancel the other.  If you are "in contract" or have other reasons for sticking with VM, then you'll have to sit it out, and presumably use a mobile phone as a wifi hotspot, or buy a data only PAYG SIM and a 3G/4G router.

Sorry if that's not what you want to read, but VM have bureaucratic and disjointed processes that move at the speeds of a brontosaurus' digestive system (and produce similar results) and these are superbly effective at stopping the many well meaning and hard working employees from actually getting problems resolved.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kieranpunx,

Thank you for coming back to us. Thank you for updating us on this issue and I'm sorry to hear that this process might take longer than expected. 

However, we are unable to process moving requests on this Forum, and would advise you give our Movers team another call on 150/ 03454541111 as they will be able to advise you further on this issue.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further support.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs