cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving socket

tbourner
Tuning in

I've tried finding on the website how to book someone to come and move my Cable&Wireless input point to a new location on my wall, but I can't find anything about that as an option!

We also haven't had a working phone line for several years, but that's actually a benefit as we can just use our mobiles and not come home to spam answerphone messages every day 😄 . But even so, I also looked for phone line faults and get stuck in some kind of loop of the same 3 or 4 pages.

Anyone any idea how to book a person to come and move our point? And maybe to fix our phone line at the same time?

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Phone in to customer support. They will move the socket and rewire it to where you want it.  Charge is £25.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, but on the website it says to do everything via the website if possible rather than phoning - isn't there a way to request it without phoning? Considering I don't have a working Virgin phone.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you can wait here for a while a forum staff member may pick this up and help. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tbourner 

You can call VM on  freephone number 0800 052 0422 then option 2 faults.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's not actually a fault, and they do say to keep phone lines available for those with more urgent needs. I'm currently on some kind of WhatsApp chat with them, which is good.

Hi @tbourner,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I can see that members of the community have advised of the charge to move a socket within your home and how to go about requesting it. I believe you've already requested for this to go ahead with the team.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!