cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

jon1331
On our wavelength

Hi,

is it still £99 to change wiring in house. Need to move router from living room to my bedroom in a bungalow routing outside front door and up passed eaves through loft and down. If give leave us 20m cable we can do routing later. Would also need 20m for back to v6 in living room (hoping for future 360 upgrade or new 360 box as our v6 gone intermittently faulty) and 2m for future 360 mini in this bedroom and 10m for 2nd 360 mini in kitchen. We contracted till March 22. Is it better to get it all done on one charge? I want gig1 in March too.

how best is it to discuss this with VM?

cheers.

John

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Non fault call outs are now only twenty five quid; Sadly you still need to book it by dealing with VM's awful customer services (unless the forum staff can book these, I'll flag the post for their attention).  Ideally the faulty V6 needs a visit to fix, and doing the two together would make sense, not sure that VM will make it easy to book joint fault + non-fault call outs at the same time.  If you're after a Gig 1 connection, you might want to see if that can be done at the same time? 

Obviously the "in contract" upgrade price won't be as good as a well fought retentions offer, on the other hand if the retentions agent can see you're angling for 1 Gbps and you've paid for the property cabling to be changed they really ought to be offering a minimal discount because the facts suggest you are unlikely to up sticks and go back to Openreach. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI @jon1331

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs