cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home

Leon64
Joining in

Hello, 

I spoke to the team and made a request to carry the service to my new home. At the time of renewal, staffs checked my postcode and confirmed that they can continue the service without any trouble. It sounded like switching it off and on. But now I have been told that it will take about 20 days to arrange an engineer to fix broadband connection in my new property. I would have not renewed the service, if I knew that its such completed process. 

Now the problem is me and wife work from home, children have been doing virtual education for coming in contact with some covid positive, how do I manage for another 20 days, its quite frustrating. You also charge £20 for this unhelpful service. I think VM should be more transparent about their service with realistic timeframe. we are now struck, unable to move or celebrate our first home just because of VM.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When VM stated "and confirmed that they can continue the service without any trouble"  that's about right.  The house must be in a VM cabled area, so the engineer will run a cable to the outside of the house to fit the omnibox and the internal cable to the Hub.

Standard work and in VM's eye's that is "without any trouble"   It's not uncommon for ISP's to take several days to hook up a property.  It's just unfortunate this was not explained clearly.

In the mean time you could get a 30 day data SIM and use a phone as a hotspot for Internet access ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When VM stated "and confirmed that they can continue the service without any trouble"  that's about right.  The house must be in a VM cabled area, so the engineer will run a cable to the outside of the house to fit the omnibox and the internal cable to the Hub.

Standard work and in VM's eye's that is "without any trouble"   It's not uncommon for ISP's to take several days to hook up a property.  It's just unfortunate this was not explained clearly.

In the mean time you could get a 30 day data SIM and use a phone as a hotspot for Internet access ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't know what it takes to establish connection to the new property, but I think 20days is rediculous. Your response seems like that you accept your unhelpful service.