cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - not available but 2 doors down is available?

TheBod
Tuning in

Hi there,

I'm buying a house and looking to move my current contract over to my new home. It was built in 2013 and the "new" terraces don't appear to have VM connectivity. However, 2 doors down (it goes my house > end of "new" terrace > semi detached) has availability.

Is there any way to get VM to lay cables to my new house, or am I going to have to pay an early disconnection fee?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i understand there is a change to EDF's in cases like this - the fee will still be applied but will be credited back - does not help with getting you connected but a bit better over all

wait for staff to get to the thread they can confirm the above or not - they may be able to get a spotter or area field manager involved to see if a connection is possible

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @TheBod

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

Thank you to @-tony- for their help and advise, to confirm what has been said, if we are not able to service the new property then there will not be early disconnections fees as per our new policy. 

Thank you. 

Hi both, thanks for your replies.

@Ashleigh_C, I would ideally like to keep my services. How would I got about getting a spotter/engineer to check if a line can be added?

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheBod,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm glad to hear that you want to stay a customer with us! 🙂

Have you taken a look at our Post Code Checker to see what our website states about your new address?

Unfortunately, we're unable to arrange for a spotter to visit your new property from here. However, if you call our Movers team on 150/ 03454541111 - option1, option 4, and then option 3, the team may be able to have this arranged for you. Please give the team a call and let us know how you get on and if you can have this arranged.

Keep us updated on this, so we can help further if needed.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs