Menu
Thomas2488
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving from sky to vm but still in contact with sky broadband

Hi there I’m moving from sky too vm in March, now I’m still in contact with sky broadband and VM said they will pay the disconnect fee does anyone know if this what they do or have anyone had problems and had too pay , and do I have too let sky know what I’m doing or do vm do all this 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving from sky to vm but still in contact with sky broadband

I do not know about the disconnect fee, but you are the only person who can cancel the Sky contract, VM cannot do it for you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's a good deal you got for VM to pay early termination fees, never heard of a Provider doing that before.

When I left BT I gave notice to BT to cease a month after my VM installation was planned for just in case my VM installation was delayed.

I never told BT of the VM installation date but BT cut my broadband off very early that morning.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Thomas2488 wrote:

Hi there I’m moving from sky too vm in March, now I’m still in contact with sky broadband and VM said they will pay the disconnect fee does anyone know if this what they do or have anyone had problems and had too pay , and do I have too let sky know what I’m doing or do vm do all this 

i'd make sure you have that in writing from virgin themselves (as opposed to a third party sales agent).
also, virgin can't terminate your sky connection, only you can do that.

0 Kudos
Thomas2488
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes didn’t think of that I have not signed my contact as yet so I think I will ask for that first , thank u 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are transferring your Sky landline number to VM it's important that the number is still with you on the day of transfer.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos