cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving coax

garage_jim
On our wavelength

Hi,

When my service was installed a year ago the engineer drilled through the door frame. I have now made a new hole closer to the skirting that I want to run the coax through, but the connector won't fit back out through his hole to pull the cable out.

Can I refit the connector myself, and if not how do I request an engineer visit for this 5 minute job? I can't find any vaguely similar support option on the website.

Thanks 

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture of the connector you're querying?

I suspect the answer is going to be that you need to book a non-fault callout for £25. This can be done by following the same routes (phone or waiting here) as if you had a fault - but that the appointment is chargeable rather than FOC.

If you can post up a picture of the connector in question, we can advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture of the connector you're querying?

I suspect the answer is going to be that you need to book a non-fault callout for £25. This can be done by following the same routes (phone or waiting here) as if you had a fault - but that the appointment is chargeable rather than FOC.

If you can post up a picture of the connector in question, we can advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks japitts.

20220502_234206.jpg

Picture attached

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello garage_jim

This will need an engineer to come out 

Which I can arrange for you

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L