Menu
Damien23
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving broadband hub

Hello I have upgraded to tv and phone I already have broadband the problem is my broadband hub is in a different room to where my television set is and the existing cable is embedded under the carpet would it be possible to have  co axial isolater  cable at the time of ordering my new package I did mention this could be a problem thank you for your help 

Damien 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving broadband hub

Hi Damien23

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Currently we're not booking engineer visits to move the router but this will be changing as the restrictions do ease. 

There is a £99 call out charge however which we do need to make you aware of so it maybe cheaper to get a booster/pod long term.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Damien23
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply my plan was to move router from kitchen by unscrewing isolater cable from hub then move it in too where the living room would I be able to do this using a new isolater cable  from yourselves as one wasn’t provided with tv box 

thanks again Damien 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Damien,

I'm afraid that it would be against our Terms and Conditions  for you to do this yourself, you would need to book an engineer appointment once restrictions are lifted. I'm sorry about this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Damien23 wrote:

Thank you for your reply my plan was to move router from kitchen by unscrewing isolater cable from hub then move it in too where the living room <snip> 

Are you saying you have two co-ax leads?  One in the kitchen and one in the Living Room.?  If you move the Hub to the Living Room you will need a splitter for the Hub and TV box.

0 Kudos