cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving box to previous location

Cato671
Tuning in

I used to have my tv, WiFi and box at the other side of my room but had it moved to its present location about 5 years ago. I now want to move it back. My problem is I don’t know whether the engineer added an additional socket or disconnected the old one and moved it (there is a cable coming in in both locations). We now have TiVo and hub 4. How do I know if I can simply move it or need an engineer out? I don’t want to have to pay £99 if I don’t need to but also don’t want to mess anything up. Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The cost has been reduced to £25.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cato671 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I thank Roger_Gooner for the advice given and it is completely correct.  If we send out a tech to relocate your equipment, it will cost you £25.00 instead of the previous £99.00.  Please get back to us with how you wish to proceed.

Regards

Lee_R

Is there a best number/way to contact to organise?

Hi @Cato671

If you're happy with the £25.00 charge - I can drop you a private message so we can get this organised.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

would this be a virgin media engineer or a private company?

if it’s a virgin media engineer I would like to go ahead please if the cost is still £25 or less.

how do I organise it?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply, Cato671.

We are more than happy to assist with this, I will need to send you a message in private so we can get this booked for you shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs