Menu
Trevington
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving WiFi router

Hi.  I would like to move my WiFi router from its current location upstairs, to downstairs, close to my TiVo box. Would Virgin be able to send me a splitter box and some cable in the post for me to do this myself, or will I have to stump up the £99 for an engineer to do it?

Many thanks

Trev

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving WiFi router

If equipment moves include amendements to cabling & connectors, that will require a VM tech to do it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

£99 pounds I am afraid. They won't officially let you do it.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is your Tivo box actually a V6 and if so is it just to improve its the connection for online content that yiu want to improve?

If so you could do that by running Cat5e/6 ethernet cable from the Hub down to the V6. Or improve the wifi signal at its location by getting your own better quality wireless equipment. Or even connect them via good quality powerline adapters - assuming your electrical circuitry is suitable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos