Menu
rkuryub
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving Virgin wall socket

Hi,

I've had Virgin for a few years now, ever since I moved in this home (a new build). We had two virgin outlets already in the home (one downstairs and one upstairs). Unfortunately the location of these sockets isn't very ideal as it doesn't reach the entire home (at least not without using access points/repeaters). I'm wondering if it's possible to get these moved by a VM Engineer to a different room entirely?

They look exactly like this (at least the one downstairs does), I think upstairs only has the left box. We currently have the Superhub 3.0 connected upstairs but just want to move this to a more central room.

dash.coolsmartphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/wp-1490032608036-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

wp-1490032608036-1.jpg

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Virgin wall socket

yes you can get it moved.
call CS and request a cable re-wire. it'll cost you £99 for the non-fault call out though.
0 Kudos
rkuryub
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - no problem with the charge. Tried calling today but gave up after an hour wait on the phone and sent them a text message instead.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have just approved the images for publication. They can take up to 45 mins to appear. But I can see them (one of the privileges of being an SU). Be aware that you will be responsible making good your property after any rewire and relocation. I have no doubt that VM will make good at the relocation sites but the previous sites will be down to you. It looks like a bit of a job needs doing.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is it you are trying to achieve?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6