cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Hub

NewarKev
Joining in

Hi All, a complete newbie to VM, and I've just moved into a new house where the brown box is on the front of the house, and the cable runs all the way around the outside into the back corner of the house, where they presumably had Virgin TV.

I've only got broadband and the signal around the house is shockingly bad. I'm getting 2Mbps in the opposite corner where my office is, so want to book an engineer to come & move the connection from the brown box to the router to a more central location.

I cannot see how to get through to VM human, or how I can book an engineer visit? 

Also I have a lot of gadgets (Sonos, 3 of us WFH, lamps, etc, so there are currently 23 connections onto the Hub 3, should I be asking for a Hub 4? 

Any advice gratefully received!!

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NewarKev,

Welcome to our services and our community forums. Thank you for you first post.

Sorry to hear you have had issues relating to the location of your brown box. I have, however, been able to locate your account and I can see you were able to reach our team who booked an appointment for you. Has the issue been fully resolved with our team? Do you need any further help? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

I have managed to get an engineer appointment, and the guy (Michael) that was sent was absolutely brilliant. He solved all my issues and moved the connection to a much better place.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Glad to hear the appointment went well @NewarKev.

Please continue to monitor your service and let me know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs