Menu
ablenicecat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving House Assistance

Any have suggestions how I can talk or chat to someone about moving house. I have been on the "chat bot" for nearly three hours. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving House Assistance

A VM person will respond here in a day or two.

In the meantime.... what specifically is the issue - someone else may be able to help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ablenicecat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I just want to set up the move, so I have no disconnection between moving. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought the website was meant to do that for you?

Is the new property a new build?

Do you know if there is an occupant in there now with a currently working VM connection. If so then it ought to be straight forward - if not.... well I dont believe VM test the connection before you move - they just "know" whether there has been a previously active account in that property and not whether it is currently a "quick start" option with an active connection.

Most go through ok quickly.. but there is a small % of these that hit issues for various reasons (e.g previous occupier removed wall boxes, or decorated over them, exterior cables are damaged, etc)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ablenicecat,

The quickest method would be to telephone and speak to the Moving Home team.

That's  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Moving Homebut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

Or as John suggested wait a day or two for this to be picked up by a member of the Forum Team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
ablenicecat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey John, it does, and puts you in touch with a Message Bot, perseverance that 5.5 hours later someone answered. All done. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ablenicecat, 

Thanks for your post. 

Glad to hear you have managed to reach our movers team

Zoie

0 Kudos