cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House Assistance

ablenicecat
Tuning in

Any have suggestions how I can talk or chat to someone about moving house. I have been on the "chat bot" for nearly three hours. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond here in a day or two.

In the meantime.... what specifically is the issue - someone else may be able to help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond here in a day or two.

In the meantime.... what specifically is the issue - someone else may be able to help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you, I just want to set up the move, so I have no disconnection between moving. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I thought the website was meant to do that for you?

Is the new property a new build?

Do you know if there is an occupant in there now with a currently working VM connection. If so then it ought to be straight forward - if not.... well I dont believe VM test the connection before you move - they just "know" whether there has been a previously active account in that property and not whether it is currently a "quick start" option with an active connection.

Most go through ok quickly.. but there is a small % of these that hit issues for various reasons (e.g previous occupier removed wall boxes, or decorated over them, exterior cables are damaged, etc)

--------------------
John
--------------------

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ablenicecat,

The quickest method would be to telephone and speak to the Moving Home team.

That's  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Moving Homebut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

Or as John suggested wait a day or two for this to be picked up by a member of the Forum Team.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey John, it does, and puts you in touch with a Message Bot, perseverance that 5.5 hours later someone answered. All done. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ablenicecat, 

Thanks for your post. 

Glad to hear you have managed to reach our movers team

Zoie