cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

cnorledge
Tuning in

I'm having a lot of difficulty moving home, this is the process I've been through so far.

1. Enquired on website to let them know I'm moving home. Went through the process with a team member on the phone which was then confirmed as booked in for 12th of July.

2. Rang the next day to double-check and the team member had no record of this request. This team member then put me on hold indefinitely (i waited 45 minutes) until the line went dead

3. Rang the cancellation line to try and speak to someone who could help and they forwarded me to the moving department and said they would wait on the line until my issue was resolved. I waited another 15 minutes on the call and the line cut off.

4. Rang up yesterday, the person helped me a little but then put me on hold for 30 minutes and then said they would call me back in an hour (due to an error in the system). This never happened.

Can someone please help me move my line? Feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Thanks 🙂

19 REPLIES 19

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cnorledge,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've just had a look at your account, and I can see that this issue is being actively worked by a member of our team. We will be in touch as soon as we have a resolution for you, thank you for your patience up to this point - hopefuly we have some better news soon!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie,

I called again today for an update and the same thing happened, spoke to a customer service person for 30 minutes and was promised a call back that never happened.

I think that makes around 5 different reps that have said they will call back and haven't!

is there anything that can be escalated from here?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cnorledge

I've taken a look at your account and can see that the request to switch the property from business to residental was re-raised today, please bear with us and the team who are handling this issue will be in touch asap.

I'm really sorry that we are unable to excalate this further from here.

Please do keep me posted when you receive a call back.

Best wishes,

Serena

I just received a text saying 

"All ready for the big move? Don't forget to pack all our set top boxes and modems so they're easy to install in the new place. Good luck for moving day!"

I haven't even got an engineer install date! For some reason they've sent a box to my old address.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to update us @cnorledge

Sorry to hear that you still donot have an engineer install date. I have checked your account again now and there are no further updates yet regarding switching the property from business to residential, I'm sorry.

What type of box has been sent to your old address?

Best wishes,

Serena

So with no update from customer service and no way to get my engineer appointment I'm a bit confused on what I can do?

on here it can't be escalated and any time I call I get promised a call back which doesn't happen.

Hi @cnorledge

I have had a further look.  It does appear progress has been made since yesterday?  Do you need me to contact you privately to discuss?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @cnorledge 

As per my previous message.  Have you had no updates since Tuesday?  Do you need me to contact you privately?

Regards

Lee_R

I rang yesterday a managed to book an engineer appointment so it's progressed! Thanks for checking in.

Slightly disappointed that I was originally told the 12th of July and now it's the 20th but I guess that Virgin can't magic engineers out of thin air.

Thanks for getting back to me @cnorledge

I can say with confidence that you will have the first available appointment slot on our system and also if an earlier one does become available, my colleagues will directly contact you to offer you it.

Regards

Lee