cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

cnorledge
Tuning in

I'm having a lot of difficulty moving home, this is the process I've been through so far.

1. Enquired on website to let them know I'm moving home. Went through the process with a team member on the phone which was then confirmed as booked in for 12th of July.

2. Rang the next day to double-check and the team member had no record of this request. This team member then put me on hold indefinitely (i waited 45 minutes) until the line went dead

3. Rang the cancellation line to try and speak to someone who could help and they forwarded me to the moving department and said they would wait on the line until my issue was resolved. I waited another 15 minutes on the call and the line cut off.

4. Rang up yesterday, the person helped me a little but then put me on hold for 30 minutes and then said they would call me back in an hour (due to an error in the system). This never happened.

Can someone please help me move my line? Feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Thanks 🙂

19 REPLIES 19

cnorledge
Tuning in

I had a call with a lovely chap this morning to discuss this and he mentioned there was some difficulty in getting my order processed due to my new address being in the same area as my existing address.

We had a 45-minute phone call where he said he needed to get some support and would call me back shortly, this was a couple of hours ago and now I've received a text saying I need to send back my equipment. He hasn't called me back like he said I would after I explained the difficulty I'm having.

Is there anyone at Virgin who can help me get my internet moved over to the new address? My partner and I are working from home and this is making it very difficult.

cnorledge
Tuning in

Apparently where I'm moving to doesn't work when the 'codes' are copied across, I have someone in customer service sending this up the chain to get dealt with manually.

I'll keep shouting into the void here with updates to keep myself sane.

Hi cnorledge,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear there's been some trouble with the move, 

Sadly it's not something we're able to help with via the forums, but it does sound like we're looking into this for you.

Hope you get this sorted soon,

Alex_Rm

Still no progress on this! No idea if I can move with Virgin yet and it's been five days and hours on the phone without any resolution.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I would have thought a staff member could at least check your account to see what progress has been made with your move.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Still haven't got an update on this issue, been almost a week since requesting to move and no further progress has been made.

Hi cnorledge

I have had a quick look and there was voicemail left from the agent that is dealing with this

The new property has been confirmed as serviceable, which I can only guess was holding this move up 

The next time you call just ask for the date that we are installing the service after you move 

Gareth_L

Thanks for checking in with this Gareth! I'll give the moving team a call and see if they have a date.

I rang and spent an hour on the phone to a very helpful person who explained my address had to be changed from a business to a residential.

He went away to start sorting out a date but hasn't given me a call back! Seems like I'm going round in customer service circles with this.