cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home - New Hardware

tecky7
On our wavelength

After so many years living in my home town.  I had VM for 14 years.

Now am looking for rented houses in home town to move into.

When moving into a house would the engineer install new hardware eg:-

Superhub 5 modem

and 2 streaming boxes for the house

eg 

Living and Bedroom

as I had Super Hub 4 and VM 360 with a mini box as old hardware 

and I can take the old equipment back to VM.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tecky7 

Unless you move to a completely different area youwill keep the same equipment.

All your services will be set up so that once you’re in your new home, all you need to do is plug in your current equipment and you’ll be up and running the same day.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You will first need to check whether the new house is in a Virginmedia service area.

If the house has previously been connected to Virginmedia broadband then the installation should be simple.

If it has not previously been connected, you will need to get the landlord's permission for the cable to be run from the road into the house. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tecky7, 

Thanks for using the forums to get some more information about your home move, I can see you've already been given some helpful info by our VIP's @jpeg1 & @newapollo - Thanks guys!

Their information is correct where in -

• You will keep the same equipment if your new property is still within the same area. 
  • If you're moving outside the area, it's not guaranteed that the movers team would supply a Hub 5 specifically due to availability. You may be given the same equipment under different provisioning on our side of your services to make sure it matches up. 
  • You will need to check whether your property is serviceable on our network as a matter of importance, check this here 👉 Serviceability - If it's not within a serviceable area we have steps we can take to help you with your contract. Please read all the information provided on that link below the postcode search bar as it's full of useful & important information about moving home.
  • If your new property has had Virgin Media services before, you will most likely just need a Quick Start installation, where you just plug in the equipment yourself and off you go!
  • If your new property hasn't had our services before then you will likely need a manned installation with the possibility of a cable prepull depending on the property. 

Please take a look at each link I have provided as each one has oodles of useful and important information regarding moving and installing your services at your new address.

I am sure your house move will go smoothly, but if you do run into any issues please give the Mover's team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 3 and they will be more than happy to help 🤗

We can also help give advice here on the forums, but we can't help directly with Mover's issues, so if you have any further questions please let us know!

Good luck!

Megan_L