cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved into new place & can’t find VM socket

gbsharvey
Joining in

I just moved into a new flat and brought my wifi box with me, I went to put it into the socket and noticed that there is only an openreach one with a rectangular space for plugging stuff in, obviously mine doesn’t go into that. I’ve looked around for a virgin media socket & there doesn’t seem to be any others. Do I need to cancel my subscription & go with openreach instead now or is there something else that can be done? 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you inform VM you were moving via the correct channels ?.  Not all properties have a socket, just a cable.  Look on the wall outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the cables to the inside.

If you can't find any cables, the previous owner may have removed them.  In which case you will need a manned install. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @gbsharvey,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've had whilst moving your services to your new place.

I can see that you have spoken to the team since you last posted, have they been able to get all of your issues resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L