Menu
Linakesh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moved house, no wifi

Hi all,

I moved home recently, and I brought my router with me, I told Virgin about my move and they sent me a package with new cables and a booklet.

I've done everything it asked of me and I'm still getting no WiFi.

I ran a check of my postcode through the virgin website, and it says my services aren't installed yet.

The "My Account" page aslo states I'm leaving and have 90 days to collect any info before I lose it.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, no wifi

Hi Linakesh,

Sorry to hear about the problem with VM

Good luck in your new home.

You are probably signing into your old account. When you move property VM create a new account for your new property.

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, however it may take a few days

You may need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub. You will need the hub serial number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Linakesh

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the WiFi issues. 

I've not been able to locate your details via the forum information provided - have you got this sorted since posting? Let me know if you need further help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are still having problems, it's also worth checking whether, when you say "no wifi", do you mean "no broadband"? Or that wired connections are working but WiFi isn't. That's a different issue if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks