cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - flashing green arrows

Wiggz101
Joining in

We moved house on Tuesday. Spoke to an advisor Wednesday who said we'd be up and running by Friday. We have the green WiFi light permanently on, arrows flashing green and bottom bar light is also green. Done all the usual checks, reset etc, no different. Can't get hold of anyone via phone or chat, going round in circles. Wife works from home so as you can imagine it's causing serious issues. Any help would be appreciated, I suspect an engineer could do to take a look at it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is possible that the Hub has not been activated properly on your account at the new address. So, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number and see if they can sort it.

If they say it is activated ok... then there may be a fault on the line so call the fault line

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is possible that the Hub has not been activated properly on your account at the new address. So, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number and see if they can sort it.

If they say it is activated ok... then there may be a fault on the line so call the fault line

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wiggz101,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about thee issue you're having with the equipment. 

Have you been able to speak with the team regarding the equipment?

^Martin

Yeah, it's not the equipment, we've been stitched up by morons. 

First of all the moving home team didn't move my account, they just cancelled it. Only it's not been cancelled, they just fobbed me off and did nothing. 

That was last Tuesday, on Saturday we tried again, this time they claimed that the account was cancelled, so opened a new account and charged me £94 as a new customer. Only, nothing ahs been done, I still have no connection. 

Now I'm being told I have 2 accounts but that's not allowed. 2 accounts, no internet and another 3 hours on hold (ignored)

This is after being completely dismissed by somebody this evening who repeatedly told us we'd cancelled the account and it was basically just just tough luck. 

Urge to kill rising. 

Hi Wiggz101, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us. 

I've taken a look further in to things at this end and can see since posting, things have been sorted and resolved. 

It doesn't look as though there was a mistake made on an agent level. For some reason the system just kept shutting down. Rest assured this has been sorted now though. 

Can you just confirm your services are indeed up and running at the new address now?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The internet is up and running, but I'm unable to access the account through the my virgin app. 

The old account is dead and now I have a new one, only for some reason when I try to sign in it immediately logs me in to the old accou t and ignores the new account. 

When I try to access the account settings it just sends me on a circle of the sign in page. 

I can't do anything, change the child settings, run checks on the signal, access modem mode,.nothing. I can't even access my billing. 

I just don't understand how something as simple as moving address can be so monumentally messy. 

Hey Wiggz101, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with new account.

If you transfer an account over here at Virgin you would get a new account number and you would need to either create a new My Virgin Media account, or have your old credentials manually transferred over.

I would try going into the app and removing the old account, or deleting the app and reinstalling it however just signing into the new account.

I can help with you any billing queries in the meanwhile and other issues you may have.

I will send you a PM to discuss these, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?