cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house but tv and Internet not working

Dazzyb85
Tuning in

Good morning all. 

I moved home last week and had a activation date for today (04/04/20) 

I only recently signed up to virgin media broadband and TV in February, so all my equipment is new so therefore I have taken it with me to the new property as recommended. I filled in a form and had a call back to arrange activating the line at my new property. I received a text message to activate my equipment to which I have replied "GP" to.

I turned the equipment on and it has gone through its boot up process. Both wifi light and Internet lights are green and power light is white. However I still have no Internet after almost 2 hours.

My TV is also displaying fault code 7400 and I am missing almost all my channels. 

Logged into my VM account to find its been closed and so have had to set up a new VM account as have been given a new account number (not sure why as it should just be a case of changing address) once logged in and activated I have gone to check service status. Results say fault and need to speak to team and to call up. Which I did and after going through the options I'm told call centres are all closed and to go online to VM website help section and it hung up. Feel as if I'm going around in circles.

Need this wifi to work as wife works from home and have had to make do with tethering through mobile phone currently which isn't ideal. 

Any help would be appreciated 

19 REPLIES 19

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Mariam12 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services.

It sounds to me like the account isn't active, what colour are the lights on the front of the hub? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

Thanks for offering to help. The lights are green and then changing to white.

kind regards,

Mariam

Hi @Mariam12,

You can check what the lights means on your router from here.

Have you created a My Virgin Media online account using the details of your new account following the move?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the link Zach. Yes, I have created a new online account as my account no has changed after the move. 

kind regards,

Mariam

Hi @Mariam12,

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm glad to hear you've been able to set that up.

Is your account linked to your services at your new home also stating that it's closed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Davy1313
Joining in

I’m having the exact same issue as described here and am struggling to have it resolved.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Davy1313 

If you've just moved house it may be that because the equipment hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the equipment. You will need the equipment serial numbers, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Davy1313,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services after your house move. I have looked into this and can see that you have spoken to the team and that they have arranged a technician visit to get your issues resolved.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

dawnclaire
Joining in

Hi all, 

I have the same problem.

wouid really appreciate if someone could help. 

dawn 

Hi @dawnclaire thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your TV and broadband were not working when attempting to use at your new property.  We have had a look at our systems from our side and everything now appears to be up and running?  Please do get back to us, if this is not the case and we'll be happy to take a closer look for you.

Regards

Lee_R