cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house but tv and Internet not working

Dazzyb85
Tuning in

Good morning all. 

I moved home last week and had a activation date for today (04/04/20) 

I only recently signed up to virgin media broadband and TV in February, so all my equipment is new so therefore I have taken it with me to the new property as recommended. I filled in a form and had a call back to arrange activating the line at my new property. I received a text message to activate my equipment to which I have replied "GP" to.

I turned the equipment on and it has gone through its boot up process. Both wifi light and Internet lights are green and power light is white. However I still have no Internet after almost 2 hours.

My TV is also displaying fault code 7400 and I am missing almost all my channels. 

Logged into my VM account to find its been closed and so have had to set up a new VM account as have been given a new account number (not sure why as it should just be a case of changing address) once logged in and activated I have gone to check service status. Results say fault and need to speak to team and to call up. Which I did and after going through the options I'm told call centres are all closed and to go online to VM website help section and it hung up. Feel as if I'm going around in circles.

Need this wifi to work as wife works from home and have had to make do with tethering through mobile phone currently which isn't ideal. 

Any help would be appreciated 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please Pm me your account number and postcode.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please Pm me your account number and postcode.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Pm sent

All sorted now 

Thanks to Zoe and her efforts. 

Very quick to respond and resolve issue. 

Big shout out to the team trying their best to work through these hard times we are all facing. 

nicocrooks
Just joined

Having the exact same issues 

I'm having the exact same issue, can anyone help?

When I first moved, I plugged all the kit in and it worked straight away.

Then I called up to officially transfer, now 2 days later it's stopped working, my old account has been deleted and I have no way to find out my new account number! 🙄

Spent an hour on the phone last night. Disconnected.

Spent another half hour on the phone today. Transferred and disconnected.

Live chat links on your website are all completely broken and just redirect to the home page.

On hold for another half hour and still not through to anyone.

Fix you crappy systems Virgin.

Hi RobinHo, thanks for the message and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and are unable to get in touch with us. Can you confirm if you have managed to get this resolved since posting? Please let us know and we will be able to look in to this further for you. Chris 

Shredder_Arch
Joining in

Going through the exact same thing right now. I notified Virgin Media through the website and via phone call that we would be moving house on the 23rd of January and was told that it would just be a matter of plugging in the router to the available connection at the new address and to call them if it doesn't work. Well as luck would have it, that's exactly what happened and it has been a nightmare trying to get someone on the phone since. The one time I did, I ended up with someone who wasn't helpful at all. I asked to speak to his manager and still havent heard from anyone. I really need to have our internet working as both of my daughters are home schooling at the moment. This is so frustrating. Hopefully someone could help as my daughters' schoolwork are due on this Monday

Mariam12
Joining in

Hi there

I moved my broadband to my new address and had an activation date for Friday 21st May 2021. I used my equipment from the old house as per VM team and the lights are all on however I still have no internet since Friday. I have logged into my online VM account to check the service and faults however my account has been closed as I have been given a new account number after moving my existing contract to the new address.

Please would anyone be able to help as I need access to wifi urgent for work