Menu
James1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved home

We moved home on the 20th August. Tried a couple of times to get in touch about moving home. We have taken the router and TiVo box with us. We just need the services (tv and broadband) transferred to our new address. We don’t require landline anymore. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home

If you haven't made a definite change of contract, Virgin will still be billing you for the service at the old address. You'll need to do more than "try to contact".

Are you sure Virgin is available at the new address? 

0 Kudos
James1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, previous tenants in the new flat had Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that, VM doesn’t actually provide a service to you as an individual but rather to the property. So the first thing would have been to call them at least thirty days before you moved and arranged to terminate the service at your old address at a specific date and start a new one at the new address but the new contract should inherit all the pricing and services and any remaining length from the old one. So even if you contact them today and arrange things, you are still obliged to pay them for the next month or so for the old address.

Firstly how long have you had the service at the old address, are you now out of the minimum 12 months length? The reason I ask is that if you no longer want to keep the phone line, then as this means a change in service, you will need to start a new 12 month minimum contract and can’t just transfer the existing contract across. If your old address was still in the 12 month minimum period then you’ll need to either transfer it as is and keep the phone, or cancel it and pay off any early cancelation fees and then start a brand new contract at the new address, which, since you would be regarded as a ‘new customer’ might well turn out cheaper - i expect you will lose any VM email addresses you currently have though.

For you own sanity though, you need to get this organised ASAP as VM will continue to bill you for the old property and will absolutely expect you to pay it.

0 Kudos
James1234
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We didn’t know about the 30 day notice. We have been VM customers for just over 6 years. Was hoping to get it sorted online as i don’t fancy being on hold for 1.5h to their customer services. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

30 days notice has been in the Vm contract/T&C for 20 years when it was still NTL

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Unfortunately you will not achieve this on line you need to phone as it will involve a completely new agreement & contract.Regards Micky
0 Kudos