cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved home and no broadband

lordoftime79
Tuning in

We have moved to a new property this week we called virgin media last week to inform them and was told they would take care of it and to take my equipment (hub3) with me and that we would be live at the new address yesterday - i didnt get chance to connect until today but it is stuck on a green flashing light - i called customer services and they said the would activate us and it would take 30mins hours later still no joy, i have sinced tried using the new cable that came in the post and doing a pin hole reset both to no avail.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have called Activation and getting nowhere, the cable is most likely disconnected at the outside Omnibox, or in the street cabinet.

Best to phone and ask for a technician to sort this out.   Customer services will not know if a cable is disconnected or not btw.  All they know is if the property has had VM previously.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @lordoftime79,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your new home move.

Are you connected now? If not please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

all sorted now thank you - it turns out the flat upstairs have had services connected and Virgin used the connection that used to come here so the engineer came out and put a splitter and tuned the levels! all is good now!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that this has been resolved @loroftim79. 

||ZM