Menu
WifePitt
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moved House and need an engineer

Does anyone know how to get through to an engineer for support on a weekend? I moved house and spent 3 hours on hold yesterday and have tried the message feature and Facebook messenger. Nada

I have two cables coming in to my new place and I’m getting errors on both. (See pics) 

BAC89D97-7455-405C-9B37-7F25DED61214.png

4787A1CC-57D1-4964-9952-7EFEA7067F67.png

HELP

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved House and need an engineer

Have you activated the new kit?

If not Call 0800 953 9500 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WifePitt
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was my kit from my last house. I have reset it and nothing. I called to ask for help and waiting for 3 hours and then the line hung up on me( I lost the will to live then) 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Normally you can't use your old kit in a new area, you get issued with new kit when you set up the move with them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @WifePitt

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post; I am sorry that you're having issues since moving home. 

Usually when you move home, we would supply you with new equipment unless we have specifically advised you can take it with you. I have not been able to locate your account from your forum information so can't check this as yet; I am sorry. 

Did you contact us to advise you were moving so we could arrange what is called a Move and Transfer of your account to your new home? Have you had your new account set up and activated for your new property?You would get a brand new account number and online account. 

Whilst we're not able to assist with the Mover and Transfer bit, if this has been done, we can take a look at your fault. If you have not contacted us about the move, you will need to do that first I'm afraid. You can contact the Movers team on 150/03454541111 or pop them a text on 07533051809.

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos