cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move termination point

mjn101
Joining in

Hi

I recently moved to a house that already had Virgin connections in place, so I simply moved my router, etc, and was up and running in no time.

The location of the termination box, both inside and outside the house, is far from ideal however. Also, the cable is routed through a large green pipe that has been left in loops over the front garden - while the neighbouring property has theirs neatly tacked to the dividing fence.

I understand, from this forum amongst other places, that moving it will cost £25. When I phoned to arrange this I was told that the only way to get the job done was to pay £25 for the broadband, £25 for the TV and £25 for the phone - it was the only way the operator could put the job into the system. I did point out that all of these services use the same cable...

Can anyone help get the move arranged for the correct price, please?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your responses Martin,

Just to clarify we have booked both the re-wire and the relocation in for yourself.

With both appointments we advise the following;

Please make sure someone over the age of 18 is at the property to let the technician in on the day. 

Also to advise that any appointment that is missed without notification can incur a £25 charge.

Thanks for your co-operation today and keep us updated if you have any issues!

Take care,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you are getting the usual run around from customer services. Should only be one fee and the outside work could well be a Health & Safety issue of the cables are just left on the service. Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, could well be a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, I'll sit tight for a couple of days and see what happens...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mjn101,

Thanks for raising your query and I do apologise for it.

If you are looking to relocate your equipment there would only be the one £25 call out charge for it.

It does seem like you will need a second appointment to re-fit/bury the external cables also however that will not come with a charge.

I will send you a PM to rectify this.

Cheers,

Kain

Great, thanks!

Hi Kain

I haven't received a PM yet. I appreciate it's been xmas, but I just want to check I've not missed something here.

Many thanks

Martin

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your responses Martin,

Just to clarify we have booked both the re-wire and the relocation in for yourself.

With both appointments we advise the following;

Please make sure someone over the age of 18 is at the property to let the technician in on the day. 

Also to advise that any appointment that is missed without notification can incur a £25 charge.

Thanks for your co-operation today and keep us updated if you have any issues!

Take care,

Kain