cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move junction termination box

Davevmedia
Joining in

Hi there

I want to get my virginmedia junction termination box inside moved and have a few questions:

1 Drilling - is the engineer willing to drill from the outside brick wall towards the inside? I want to minimise risk of brick blowout by drilling through the softer mortar. 

2 Neatness - does the engineer clip the cable to the brickwork or mortar or do you have to do it yourself?

3 Price - how much is the engineer callout fee?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Generally inside to out for drilling, cables should be clipped by technician and the current fee is £25 I think.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Generally inside to out for drilling, cables should be clipped by technician and the current fee is £25 I think.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks.

Any other views on whether they'll go outside to in? 

£25 sounds cheap, how come may I ask? I thought it was £100 approx for a callout.

Thanks 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It used to be £99, but has been reduced to £25. 
The technician may do outside to in if you are there to supervise and accept any risks? Sometimes it’s hard to get the hole in the correct place when going from the outside. 

Great thanks!

So do you just have to call up and book an engineer visit and ask for the £25 price? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes you can phone, or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davevmedia

Thanks for your post 

I am able to book this relocation in for you if you wish 

Please let me know 

Gareth_L

Already booked but thank you! 

Hi Davevmedia, 

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know. We're really glad to hear that the visit has been booked in for you. 

Please let us know how it goes. If you have any further issues, pop back here and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It worked really well, 100% better. 

Thanks again all