cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move external box

Meb17
Joining in

I want to move my external box from the front to the back of the house to save wires internally. I understand this requires and engineer and is chargeable but can’t see how to book this work? Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You should be able to do this on the phone (or possibly in your web account?).

The charge has just been reduced to £25 - so if offshore say it will be £99 they have not been informed of the change.

A VM person will respond on here and arrange it for you - but it can be a couple of days before they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Meb17

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'd be more than happy to take a closer look at this for you, but it may require me to consult with your Area Field Manager to ask whether this is possible and to advise on the possible charges for this work. 

I'll send you a PM no so we can get some details and make the enquiry for you. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can understand you wanting to remove internal wires, but why does the outside omnibox need moving? If it’s moved there will likely be a wire from its present location to the new location on the back of the house. Surely you only need a wire from the present box to the back of the house?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2